Q. Can I have a firearm shipped to me from out of state into California?
Q. Can I ship a firearm to another state?
A. Yes you can. This is called an FFL Transfer and must be completed between two Federally Licensed Firearms Dealers. Canyon Lake Gunsmithing is a federally licensed dealer and we will be happy to process your transfer.
In order to complete an FFL transfer, the following is required:
1. The gun must be legal to possess in California. In the case of handguns, see link for approved models: Click here to check the Roster ofHand Guns Certified for Sale in California
2. Pay transfer fee of $75 (Does Not include DROS fee.)
3. Sales tax of 8% will be collected. Per the California State Board of Equalization, see link here, we are required to collect sales tax. In order to properly do so, you must provide a copy of your receipt showing price you paid to gun dealer shipping the gun into us.
4. A Firearms Shipment Approval Number is required. Whether the gun dealer (FFL) shipping the firearm to Canyon Lake Gunsmithing is located within California or outside of California, that dealer must provide us with a Firearms Shipment Approval Number on packing slip and include a copy of the Shipment Approval Letter with the shipment. It is free for a dealer to enroll in the California Firearms Licensee Check (CFLC) program to obtain Firearms Shipment Approval numbers. If you are an FFL dealer and would like to ship a firearm into Canyon Lake Gunsmithing facility, please click on this link: Log In to California Firearms Licensee Check (CFLC)
5. Other Paperwork. When purchasing a firearm, evidence of identity and age, proof of residency and firearm safety certificate apply.
The 4473 form must be filled out and Canyon Lake Gunsmithing will run background check and start the 10 day wait time.
Q. Can I have a ammunition shipped to me from out of state into California?
A. Yes you can. This is called an Ammo Transfer and ammuntion must be sent to a Federally Licensed Firearms Dealer or Ammuntion Vendor. Canyon Lake Gunsmithing is a federally licensed dealer and we will be happy to process your transfer.
In order to complete an Ammo transfer, the following is required:
1. The sender needs to ship the ammunition to Canyon Lake Gunsmithing Once we have received the package, wait two days before you come in to pick up your transfer
2. Pay transfer fee of $25.00 per tracking number sent (Does Not include DROS fee.) . If you order 1000rnds of 9mm and it is sent in two (2) packages of 500rnds the charge would be $50.00, If they send one package containing 1000rnds the charge would be $25.00
3. Sales tax of 8% will be collected. Per the California State Board of Equalization, see link here, we are required to collect sales tax. In order to properly do so, you must provide a copy of your receipt showing price you paid to vendor shipping the ammunition to us.
4. Other Paperwork. When purchasing ammunition, evidence of identity, age, and proof of residency apply. For more information call 951-402-9193
- Your name and contact information MUST be included in the shipment. If the sender of your firearm does include this information we will not know who the firearm belongs to. This could add many days of unnecessary delays and will incur an additional $25 service fee.
- We will contact you by phone when your firearm is ready for pick up, we will not contact you for ammunition. Please do not come into the store on the same day that your firearm was supposed to have arrived and expect it to be ready. We require five (5) business days for receiving and processing paperwork of firearms, and two (2) business days for ammunition
AFTER 30 DAYS GUNS AND AMMUNITION WILL INCUR A STORAGE FEE OF $30.00 PER MONTH PER FIREARM AND $30.00 PER MONTH PER AMMUNITION PACKAGE. ALL TRANSFERS OF FIREARMS AND AMMUNTION MUST BE PICKED UP WITHIN 180 DAYS OF ARRIVAL. ITEMS WILL BE CONSIDERED ABANDONED AFTER 180 DAYS.
- AR-15 Sale Daniel Defense
- AR-15 Sale LWRC Firearms
- AR-15 Sale Diamondback Firearms
- AR-15 Sale Del-Ton Firearms
- AR-15 Sale Aero Precision
- CA DOJ Approved Hand Guns
- How to buy Ammo in California
- FFL Transver
- How to buy a hand gun in California
- STACCATO 2011
- Consignment & Firearms & Accessories Auction Tab
- Gunsmithing Services & Firearm Storage
- Second Amendment Ammunition Hollow Point Personal Defense
- Ammo by Pistol Pete
- Laser Etching and Stippling
- Fire Arm Care
- Holosun Optics
- Primary Arms Optics
- Vortex Optics
- Crimson Trace
- Boyt Gun Cases
- CCW ( Concealed Carry Permit ) application and training info for Riverside and San Diego Counties
- Fly Fishing High Quality - Rods - Reels - Lines - Waders
- Personal Firearms Education and Training
- Alien Gear Holsters
- Cerokote Process
- American Tactical Inc
- Blue Line Solutions
- Browning Firearms & Accessories
- Charter Arms
- Crimson Red Dot Scope
- Christensen Arms
- Concealed Carry Express
- Diamondback Firearms
- Dickinson Arms
- European American Armory|Girsan
- FN America
- GForce Arms
- Gun Safes
- Heckler & Koch
- Henry Repeating Arms
- Hi-Point Firearms
- Kahr Arms
- Legacy Sports Intl
- Les Baer Custom
- Magnum Research
- Maverick Arms
- North American Arms
- North Star Arms
- Radical Firearms
- Savage Arms
- Sig Sauer
- Heritage Manufacturing Inc
- Winchester Repeating Arms
- Lady Conceale Gun Purses
- Law Enforcement
- Smith & Wesson
- Stevens Shot Guns
|Your cart is currently empty|